Thursday, March 5, 2009

Thoughts on Harry Potter, Jimmy Fallon


Ok, so Thursday is here, it's a pretty nice day outside as far as I can tell, and I've got an audition this afternoon for the Harry Potter exhibit at the museum.  Yes, I am a little nervous, thank you for wondering.  We just have to show off that we can do an authentic British accent, whatever that means.  I also have to bring a resume I think....yikes!  There's a guy or two from Warner Bros. that's going to be there overseeing the audition so they get accurate people to run the exhibit.  I guess originally they were only going to hire people for the exhibit that had grown up in England but they had to nix that idea.  I'm not 100% sure why, but I'm sure it had something to do with Great Britain being a small island and even though there are people from England in Chicago, they all probably have much better jobs that working an exhibit at a musuem that is just an exhibit about movies that were based on books that Americans don't read so they need an exhibit to tell them what the movies were about that were based on those books.  
The last few nights have been surprisingly low key, nothing pressing to do, just be able to hang out at home, it's been nice catching up on some programing.  I checked out the new Jimmy Fallon show.  I don't like it much.  I will tolerate Jimmy Fallon so that I can see the Roots, but that's about it (how did he get such a cool featured band, btw?).  I watched the Tina Fey interview and that was enjoyable, but I don't get into Jimmy Fallon, though I realize he's probably really nervous to have his own show now and everything, his tv personality that shines through seems to be one of a rich kid who nobody likes who saw the Late Night Show with David Letterman and said, "Daddy, I want THAT!  I want my OWN Late Night TV show!"  And daddy said, "but Jimmy, I already put you on SNL, and you left that show....I already gave you one" and he threw a mighty fit and eventually got his way because Conan went to another time slot.  It seems as though I'm coming down hard on Jimmy Fallon here, I just feel like they could have chosen a more charismatic host, though perhaps he'll come into his own....who knows.  
Progress on everything else is coming....memorizing the benefit show I'm in for our show in a few weeks, working on sketches for MC and my show, in a couple improv thingers, Tarantino is this weekend again (last one, get out, see it....Playground Theatre, $12, 10pm, totally worth it!), class at IO starts this Saturday, class at SC starts next Wed, aaaaannnddd that's it.  Money's tight, but where isn't money tight?    

Hope ya'll have a smokin' awesome Thursday!  Thanks for reading!

Lis

No comments: